Friday, July 23, 2010

The Jungle in my Backyard

Remember this?


My nice, neat garden with nice, neat looking plants.

Look how cute and tiny they are! Awwwwwwwwwww..


NOW look at them! What the heck? I think those other pictures were taken about 2 weeks ago! Is that even possible??

The cucumber and zucchini plants are threatening to take over the entire garden. And my life. Help!!

What you can't see in this picture are the pepper plants that are growing UNDER the huge zucchini leaves! I was warned that zucchini plants were treacherous to grow in your garden because of their tendency to overtake all available space, but I thought one plant would be ok. Apparently not! I don't even see any baby zucchini yet, either :( It's also shading the beets and carrots.

Speaking of beets and carrots.. how are you supposed to know when they are 'done?' I was thinking that I can pull them up when I start to see them above the surface. Is that true? Maybe I made that up.. I can't wait for the beets, though. YUM!

I'm watching you..

No comments:

Post a Comment