Monday, May 17, 2010

End of Week 1!

Phew, I made it! I completed one week of training! After coming to a grinding halt after my 4 mile run on Wednesday, I recuperated with a lot of stretching and a yoga class on Saturday morning. I was able to run 3 miles on Friday and 5 on Sunday. WOOOO! Wow, 15 miles this week!

My legs are still somewhat sore, but I went to yoga tonight and it seems to have helped out. I can definitely tell that I am becoming more flexible and comfortable in the poses. AND I was able to do the wheel pose in class on Saturday! I tried to a few weeks ago and wasn't able to lift myself up off the ground, but now I can bwahaha. Ok, maybe it's not that exciting to you, but it is to me!

I used my new mat again today and still wasn't too pleased with it. I didn't slide around nearly as much as the first time when I did hot yoga, but it was still slippery. I'm thinking it will become stickier the more I use it. If not, it's going to be very frustrating! I'd rather not drop another $30 on a new mat.

SOOOOO B and I FINALLY built our raised garden bed that will house our veggie garden! I'm so excited! It's 12ft long, 4ft wide and 1ft high which is a pretty good sized garden. We're going to plant tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, peppers, and I'm not sure what else. So many options! Lettuce? Carrots? Radishes? What kinds of veggies do you like to plant in your garden?

Last year we had 4 cherry tomato plants and 4 basil plants which were HUGE. We had so much basil we made salads out of it instead of using lettuce. Tasty! I can't wait to expand the garden this year.

In addition to the garden, I also planted a bunch of different herbs in small pots. They've been growing since Easter weekend and are finally showing some height! Let's see.. I planted tarragon, basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary, chives, parsley and cilantro. YUM. I can't wait until I can cook with them! MMM I've been dreaming of fresh pesto, tomato-basil salads, and roasted chicken with freshly picked herbs. Delicious.

More pictures to come, but here's a sneak peak at what the herbs looked like 2 weeks ago. Sorry that they look washed out!

MMMM get in my belleh'! The oregano is taking over the pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment