Friday, May 7, 2010

Yogalicious

I think I'm in love. Yep. And it's a good feeling. No, I'm not referring to B (though, I hope he doesn't consider this as cheating! :) I'm talking about YOGA!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.. Yoga is amazing! So far I have attended 3 classes. Each of them were unique, which is a good thing. I thought that because it was the basics class, each class would follow the same format, the same poses, and generally become very boring. That is definitely not the case. Each class introduced new poses, however most of the poses were the same, just in a different order, or speed, etc, so as to not become monotonous.

After 3 classes, it's getting a wee bit easier. Just a little. A lot of the time I have to readjust my poses, or pause because something cramped up, or just take a break because it's an intense workout especially in the heated rooms! And wow do you break out in a sweat. I always feel amazing afterwards. Very energized. And stinky. Sorry, I had to say it.

So yeah. I hope this begins my love affair with Yoga. (I just realized that I keep capitalizing "Yoga" .. ) Our trial week is over but I will be signing up for more classes and purchasing my very own mat! Speaking of mats, who knew there were SO many options?? Sticky mats, long mats, short mats, lightweight, heavyweight, thick, thin, AHH!

I'd like to leave you with this image.. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment