Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hi There

So I had every intention of writing an entry yesterday.. and the day before.. the day before that.. etc. Buuuuuut I was busy, OK?? Haha.

At any rate, I looked up marathons and decided to train for the Towpath Marathon in October! I'm excited but also kind of nervous. I didn't sign up yet because I haven't even started to train officially. I've barely been running 10 miles per week!

On the website for the Towpath Marathon there was a training schedule that I will most likely follow. It said to allow 22 weeks for training, which would mean I need to start next Monday! The mileage for the first week is 15 miles, so I plan on running 12 this week. I hope that's not pushing too hard. It also devoted 2 days to cross training, which is perfect since I just started taking Yoga classes!

Yoga. Is. Amazing. I've only been to 2 classes so far, but I already love it. The class I went to was called Power Yoga Basics. I don't really know that much about yoga, but from what I DO know, I think power yoga is supposed to be more intense? Maybe I'm wrong. It was intense, though! Especially for a beginner. I struggled with some of the poses, and a few came easily to me. During the first class, I had to take a short break because my feet cramped up. A lot of the poses focused on the legs and lower half of your body, which was why it was a little difficult. When I run, I still feel a tightness in my calves. The second class was much easier though, so I think it may have actually be helping with my flexibility already! Yay! It's great because I've been going with David.

The weather has been GORGEOUS lately and perfect for running! It's so motivating when it's beautiful outside. I can't use the weather as an excuse not to run! (I hate running in the rain, ugh) The sunshine and breeze gets me excited and I just want to lace up my shoes and run!

Speaking of shoes.. I need new ones. Did I mention that already? Probably. I think mine are at the end of their lifespan. It's sad, really. Poor shoes. They've been through a lot! I'm excited to look for a new pair, though. Any suggestions on running shoes?? I've had my eye on the Nike Lunarglides+, but they have mixed reviews. I went to the store and took a look at them (ooooo, so pretty.. haha). They were REALLY light weight! Much lighter than my current Asics. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, though. I'm still a running newbie when it comes to running gear!

I recently started purchasing technical gear for my runs, specifically shirts. I have 2 UA fitted heat gear shirts that I am absolutely in love with. If you haven't run in technical gear, you must buy some! It's amazing! No more sweaty, sticky cotton shirts that you have to adjust throughout your run (or is that just an issue I have..??) I'm skepical to buy the compression shirts, though. I tried one on in the store and I felt like a sausage, haha.

According to my makeshift training schedule, I need to run 2 miles today. It looks like it's another beautiful day so I'm excited to get out there and go running!

Have a great day everyone!

Julie

PS: I love almond butter. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment